Friday, January 18, 2008

Web 2.0 Response

I think the title means that the internet as a whole is evolving, hence 2.0. I also think it is trying to display how much we as a society actually rely on the use of the world wide web. Think about it, can you seriously imagine not being able to look up pretty much anything you can imagine and find a response within seconds? The internet has changed society so much, and the change is going to continue.
Web 2.0 I would say affects people who are entering the workforce by showing them some of the possibilities that the internet provides. People who are looking for jobs have numerous options that allow someone to post their resume, provide tips, and more. For people already in the workforce they are reaping the benefits as well with massive databases of information that is readily available at the click of a button, communicating with clients thousands of miles away. The internet is a vital asset to every single person.
When it says that we will have to rethink everything, the only the I can think of is even better capabilities, accessibility, and maybe how we use it. This is kind of unclear to me, but if you think about what we have now, and it is already changing at a rapid pace, the only thing we can do is invent newer and better applications. I can't imagine how much more accessible the internet could be, I mean you can already get it on your phone & iPod, but there will be something else. Lastly, I think that we might have to rethink what we use it for because I think the main thing people use it for is email, socializing, and research. There are so many possibilities that could become available that would be beneficial to work as well as everything else.

No comments: