Sunday, April 20, 2008

Ethics- Dr. Jack Kevorkian

What little I knew about Dr. Kevorkian was just that he was famous for assisted suicide, but I had no idea of the cruel intentions he has held since he was young. Some of the things the human race does for "the name of science" never ceases to amaze me. It seemed like the more I kept reading about Jack's personal life and thoughts the harder it was to believe that a person could have these ideas. For instance, his lack of concern for a convicted criminal's life. Now, I know they are going to die and have committed a really bad crime, but that does not allow another human to take their life into their own hands. He wanted to perform medical experiments on them because he felt that that was all they were basically good for. Some people like him must just despise the human race, or find sick joy in tormenting and watching torment in other people's lives.

No comments: