Saturday, April 12, 2008

Ethics in the workplace

Of course there are going to be times in every person's life where they have to choose between right and wrong, but in all honesty I think it has to do with what that person thinks instead of what someone else tells them. For me personally, someone could tell me what the company expects and how I should perform, but unless I personally hold those same standards then I'm going to do what I'm thinking. A lot of people in the cut throat world of business choose the option that proves most beneficial to them, no matter the cost. This is definitely sad because of the lack of ethics our country has today, and I think that this article shows how troubled employees are. I do agree with the article concerning the issue of "who to tell." I would definitely see the challenge in who to tell, and how to deal with a situation being a huge issue for companies and dilemmas. It seems there are three kinds of people; those who are out for only personal gain, those with defiant standards, and those that are unsure about everything.

No comments: