Thursday, February 21, 2008

Free Write

For my free write I've decided to write about what I want to do this summer. My plans for this summer haven't started off as great as they have been. I wanted to start out by studying abroad in Italy this summer for a month, but my parents placed a halt on that idea till next summer. I was really looking forward to it, and was beyond ecstatic about going. I did research on different programs and searched for flights which makes not going worse. For the past two years I have taken a family vacation for a week to Mexico, and this year my papa is sick so no vacation. So, this summer I will be around Clemson and at my house, and hopefully will have a better job than I have now. Working as a student for Clemson doesn't pay the bills to put it one way. I was really hoping to find an internship somewhere local, but it seems that everyone is looking for juniors or seniors. So, now I'm just hoping to get a job that pays more than 6 bucks an hour, and enjoy my free time on what is left of Hartwell Lake.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You might try looking for a job a the Cliffs. (Google Cliffs Communities.) I think they pay pretty well, and you would get to be at the lake. They also have other benefits for employees, like access to some of the things only residents get to enjoy.

Too bad about Italy. I was sort of planning on going with my boss to learn how to supervise a study abroad, but the trip would end two days AFTER my daughter's graduation. So, no way I can go either. Hope you get to go next year and that your papa is well soon!